I’ve had the honour of being nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award, by D from The Little Libra, and she is one of the loveliest bloggers I’ve had the pleasure of connecting with! Head on over to her blog to find some amazing content (I love her aesthetic too, man, honestly, wow, how do people do that?). This post has been sitting unpublished in my folder for over a month at this point, and I’m so glad I’m finally posting it.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like and ask them 7 questions.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog, etc.).
- If you could stay anywhere in the world for a month, where would you go and why?
Ooh, this is a tough one! After watching bestdressed’s videos, the idea of staying in London for a month sounds absolutely wonderful, but I’d also love to stay in Tokyo, or Bali (because I’ve been wanting to visit Bali for ages at this point). Ahh, it’s crazy, there’s just too many places I’d love to live in for a month.
2. What are your top 3 favorite shows?
The Office, Friends, and The Haunting of Hill House (leaving aside anime shows).
3. What is one quote or saying that has stuck with you since you saw it?
“To define something is to destroy it.” My life seems to have changed drastically in accordance with that quote, and I came across it in this book called Flights, by Olga Tokarczuk. I wrote a little review on the book, so if you want to check that out, I’ll link it in the name.
4. If you could spend a day with anyone (alive or dead), who would you spend it with and why?
Frankly, I don’t know. At this point in the lockdown, I’m tempted to say my friends, but for the sake of maintaining the lovely thought behind this question I’ll say Enid Blyton, because I owe my entire childhood to her. Her books shaped a huge part of my personality, and she’s also the reason why I wanted to become an author in the first place. I’d love to meet her.
5. What is one aspect that you love about yourself?
My mind. There’s just so much in there, and since I can’t pick any one of those things, I’ll say it’s the entirety of it. (This took me 15 minutes to answer because I didn’t know how to prioritise what I loved about myself, and it also made me really happy, because a couple of years ago, I’d be straining to find something positive about myself, and end up giving up and saying “nothing, lmao.”)
6. What are you looking forward to doing after quarantine is over?
To be honest, my exams are going to take place as soon as the lockdown ends, so I’m pretty terrified. And I’ve also been the most productive and healthy during this period of time, so I’m not entirely sure I can go out into the world and function like a normal human being in society again. That being said, I do want some junk food. My instagram feed has been sending me pictures of the loveliest food, and it’s making me very sad.
7. What are 3 things you are grateful for today?
Today? Well, anime shows, time (to recoup and better my mental health), and blogging!
- Kacha, from Food.for.Thoughts.
- Alexandrina, from Elysian Haze.
- Maryam, from Infinitely a Daydreamer.
- Aditi, from One In a Million.
- Faustina, from Fausbites.
There’s so many blogs I’m absolutely loving after reviving my blog, ahhhh, it’s hard to pick!
- What’s the one biggest thing blogging has taught you about yourself?
- What is the earliest happy memory you have of yourself?
- If you ever wrote a book, who would you dedicate it to and why?
- What’s the first place you’d like to travel to once it’s safe to travel again?
- Which musical instrument sounds the most pleasing to you?
- What’s a movie you can never get tired of, and why?
- Name (at least) 3 things you adore about yourself!
I hope you can accept the award because I’d love to read your answers, but if you’re an award-free blog, that’s completely fine too! And thank you once again, D, for nominating me! I loved answering your questions!